March 14, 2022
Before we officially begin the business meeting, I recognize our sister Joan Stuart for an important message.
Thank you, Joan, for being our voice tonight. Some of us have been taking a moment to pause each day for the Ukrainian people It is comforting to know other sisters are doing it in unison at about 6:00 pm.
DKG International News
- The DKG International Convention is scheduled for this summer in New Orleans, Louisiana from July 12-16, 2022.
- Please log into your account on the international website to update your account information, address, or phone number at dkg.org
DKGNJ State News
- Good news from our state organization! The State Convention will be held in person on April 1-3, 2022 at the Double Tree in Somerset.
- The next DKGNJ State Meeting will be held on Saturday, June 4. The meeting is for the state officers, state committee chairpersons and photographer.
- If you are attending the DKG International Convention, send Ellen Hahn a check for $50.00 by April 30th to reserve a seat for the Jersey Girls Dinner to be held on July 14 in New Orleans. Further information is available on the state website at dkgnj.com
- Happily, our next Lambda Business Meeting and Picnic will be held in person and outdoors once again at Linda’s house in Hillsborough. The pool will be open. The date is set for Saturday, June 18 starting at 11:00 am. Thank you, Linda.
- Consider bring some cash to the upcoming Lambda meeting on June 18. Fundraisers will be available. All proceeds will go to the James O. Bryant Food Pantry directed by our sister Wilhelmina Bryant to provide provisions for food insecure families in our community.
- The Installation of New Officers will take place at the June 18th meeting. The elected officers will start on July 1st of the new biennium 2022-2024.
- Speaking of the next biennium, Lambda Chapter Committee Chairperson positions are open. I know we will need chairpersons for both the Fundraiser Committee and the position of Historian along with others that may personally interest you. Please consider a leadership position to support the incoming officers.
- Thanks to our Fundraising Chairperson, Joan Stuart and her committee. Thanks to all of the sisters who supported their projects. As a result, our chapter using the fundraiser profits, donated $1,000.00, that is 2,201,470.00 TZN, to support 623 girls at the Kilolo School in Tanzania. Thank you to our sister Maria Sell for providing a connection between our Lambda sisters and the educators and students in Tanzania, Africa. Kudos to educators supporting other educators and their students.
On to the highlight of tonight’s meeting, the Presentation by one of our newest Lambda sisters and an active educator, Felicia Querrey. The topic is “Women in Art.”