Cathy Fortunato, Lambda Chapter President
Bouquets of Flowers.
Before the meeting officially begins, I want to recognize our guest, DKGNJ State President, Ingrid Williams. Thanks for your coordination of the chapters and outstanding organization. Mostly thank you for sharing your positive outlook and endless encouragement.
Thank you to Linda Walton for preparing the picnic food, the cake for the party, and mainly for welcoming us to your home.
Call to order
This is our first in person business meeting since December 14, 2019 at the Rutgers Club. This is the first in person get together since the Inductees Tea at Ginny’s house on February 9, 2020.
Look around in appreciation of our sisters and friends.
Our common goals keep us together as sisters and our friendships sustain us.
It’s been an unusual year but we stood together and moved forward.
Sincere gratitude to former Co-Presidents Dr. Barbara Glazewski and Joan Stuart. You have been a beacon of light to follow. Thanks for the officers Susan Muniz, Miranda McMahon, Kim Falcone and Linda Walton, and each committee chairperson.
The message is we are a leadership team and will continue to move forward together. There are exciting plans already in place for the upcoming year and we need your participation and support as sisters and friends.
There are two International Conferences: one in Portland, Oregon from July 7-10 and another in San Antonio, Texas from July 22-24. Both conferences will be in-person events.
Virtual content from both conferences will be offered during the conference dates in San Antonio beginning with July 22nd.
The State Convention will be held on April 1-3, 2022 at the Double Tree Hotel in Somerset.
We have 3 state presidents present at the meeting today:
Former president Dr. Marilyn Gonyo, current president Ingrid Williams, and our newly elected president, Dr. Nora Pollard. Another former state president from Lambda, who could not attend the meeting today, and should be recognized is Maryann Mironchik.
- Maria Sell was our guest speaker for the 2020 September meeting. Sharing her experiences at Kilolo School in Iringa, Tanzania was memorable. The campaign to support global education started with your presentation and will continue next year.
- Wilhelmina Bryant was our guest speaker for the 2020 December meeting. Sharing her experiences as director of the food pantry was heart rendering. The support of the James O. Bryant Food Pantry continued this year and will do so next year.
- Joan Stuart chaired two successful fundraisers. The Tanzania Project and the Food Pantry were supported by these two fundraisers. No money was taken from our treasury account for either project.
- Dr. Marilyn Gonyo and her committee choose a recipient from Georgian Court University to receive the $1 000 Early Educator Award. The award is designed to help with the costs to enter our noble profession. The standards have been set and the award process will continue next year with a female graduating student from a different university.
- Opportunities to support both Jason’s Run and Dina’s Dwelling will be offered again next year. Your support is strictly voluntary and greatly appreciated.
- Our next business meeting is set for September 23rd.
- Exciting news! The Executive Board met on June 16th and set the calendar for next year.
Thanks to state president Ingrid Williams’ initiative and Omicron President Diane Roberts for the template, we have a Lambda Chapter Brochure to share with prospective members.
Both the calendar and the brochure will be sent to all sisters via email. I have some copies to share with you today.
Membership Anniversary Certificates given by Miranda McMahon to celebrate sisters with 5, 10, and 50 years of membership.
50-year membership pins! To Judy Jordan presented by Dr. Barbara Glazewski and to Dr. Marilyn Gonyo presented by Dr. Nora Pollard.
Surprise party for our new state officers Dr. Nora Pollard, DKGNJ President-elect and Annabelle Boehm, DKGNJ 2nd Vice President-elect. On behalf of all Lambda sisters, presentation of gifts with tributes Dr. Marilyn Gonyo and Kim Falcone